Sunday, December 5, 2010

Paper Toilets

We're on the horizon of a busy week and this has been my main thought today. All of Ronan's appointments have been squished into this week and I'm hoping everything emergent will be solved before the week of Christmas. This is also my last week of classes for the semester so I have to shove finals in somewhere during the week. The up side is once this week is complete we will able to slow down and relax for awhile.My children love toilet paper rolls and paper towel rolls or as Jadzia calls both of them, paper toilets. They battle over who gets to have the roll once all the paper towels/toiler paper have been used up. There is usually many tears and anguish over a small piece of rounded cardboard. Today via my mom we discovered a simple solution to who got the paper towel roll. Cut it in half. Why this idea never struck me before I don't know but tears were avoided and I had two happy children bouncing through the house as though I had just given them the most prized item on their Christmas list.I also found out today that Xander will be playing the role of a camel in the church Christmas play. A role which he himself requested. Landon is supposed to be the wiseman who leads Xander but as of right now Landon seems to want to stay away from an audience. He says he's too shy to have people watching him so we will see how it goes. Jadzia will be either a sheep or an angel. I have not received word if I am to make their costumes but if so we'll figure something out. I have sewn a skirt that was basically a piece of cloth with the two ends sewn together and that is the extent of my sewing talent. My mother on the other hand can sew very well so I may need some tips from her or we will have to get inventive on these costumes.I'm going to go try and get everything ready for the week then I think I will relax and watch a movie with Isaac. I'm going to soak in the calm before the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment