Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas

Bright and Early the kids were up and ready to open their gifts. They were jumping up and down yelling "It's Christmas!" as soon as they spotted the table decked out with presents. I gave them their stockings first and I think I could have stopped there because they were thrilled with those as much as any present. At that moment I was grateful my children were grateful for the little things.
Next we divided all the presents and then let them just start opening. I loved watching their eyes go wide with amazement as they opened each present. After each gift they would pause run over and hug Isaac and I and say "Thank you mom and dad!" They spent the morning playing with their gifts. By noon lunch was ready and family arrived. My parents had their gifts to the kids and my Brother and his family were there. My dad read Luke Chapter 2.
My parents got Ronan a push toy that his PT had been asking me to buy for him for weeks now. He was amazing with it. He walked all over the house pushing it and he was pretty quick with it. It really makes me wish we'd gotten him one sooner.

We talked, the kids played with toys and avoided nap time. By dinner my roast was done and we enjoyed a nice family dinner together then it was time for everyone to leave. My parent's Christmas gift to us was for Isaac and I to go out so we went and saw a movie together.We had a great Christmas. Before Isaac and I left for the movie I tucked the kids in. Jadzia piled all her Lalaloopsy dolls into her bed and made sure the covers reached to each one of their chins. I read them each one of the new books they'd gotten. I loved having my family around and reading the Christmas story. As I mentioned earlier I am thankful for my children's gratitude that they sincerely show to everyone who gives or does anything for them. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment