Friday, December 24, 2010

The Fun of Christmas Eve

The kids were allowed to open one gift each this morning. For Jadzia I let her open her hungry hungry hippo game that she'd been asking for for months. Landon got to open his Hi Ho Cheerio game and Xander his Robots movie. I chose those gifts specifically so we could have a fun filled Christmas Eve.Isaac assembled hungry hungry hippo and the battle began. The three big kids and daddy chomped their hippos collecting as many white marbles as they could. Isaac explained he had figured out the big hippo secret after just one game round. If you allow the others to push the marbles first they send them right to you and in one big chomp you can capture half the marbles. Jadzia didn't really grasp the concept of trying to collect the most she would giggle and jump up and down as soon as her hippo caught a single marble. Xander would say "I have seven" Landon would go "I have six!" Then Jadzia jumping up and down "I got one! I got one!"Next up was Hi Ho Cheerio and mommy joined the fun for this game. For the life of me I can not win Hi Ho Cheerio. All my oranges kept having to be put back in the basket and Jadzia was the champion for the first two rounds. Finally we topped of our morning of games with Candyland and Xander was declared the victorious winner. We concluded the morning by watching Xander's new movie "Robots".Dinner rolled around and we had our traditional treats, meats and cheeses. After supper we did another Christmas Eve tradition and headed to the movies. We saw Yogi Bear and the kids couldn't stop laughing. Now they are tucked up in bed and my fun begins. I get to bring all the presents down and fill the stockings. I'm sure I won't sleep much in anticipation of those little feet tromping down the stairs early tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment