Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Graduation Day

Last year around this time I attended Isaac's graduation. I had no clue that a year later I would be graduating. I hadn't even fathomed the concept. I had a years worth of college credits but they were worthless as they were an insufficient amount for any degree or certificate. On a car ride last June I mentioned to Isaac how I wished I'd obtained a degree of some sort. I told him I wished I could go back to school. He surprised me when he actually encouraged the idea. This set in to motion the restarting of my collegian career.Tonight I walked across the stage and accepted my empty diploma cover. An associates in Liberal Arts and a stepping stone to my ultimate goal of ultrasound technician. I will have the authentic one mailed to me six weeks after I complete my summer classes as long as I pass all of those classes. I'm happy to have accomplished something or at least be very close to accomplishing something.Isaac cheered me on from the audience. I heard really loudly "Yeah, Babe!" His camera is nice enough it was able to zoom in and catch the smile that formed upon hearing his display of excitement for my success. I'm grateful he's been very supportive of me through everything.
Walking backwards through the day, today was a pretty good day with the kids minus the fact Inara spiked a 101.5 temp. I'm almost wondering if teeth are to blame. Jadzia and Ronan have had runny noses so it is possible it is something more. She was feeling better by the afternoon and her fever dissipated. The weather was warm and she seemed a little restless so I took her outside for some fresh air.
She loved being out and it seemed to take the edge off of her crankiness. I even caught a few smiles. She discovered two things. A Lady bug and dandelions. When I took her back in she was in a much better mood.
Inara and Jadzia wore almost matching outfits today so I had to get some pictures.Hopefully as sisters they will always share laughter. Life doesn't get much better than moments like these.Here is the latest creation out of Xander industries.
And the million dollar question of the day. What is so interesting out that window???

Ronan has figured out the strategy of his brothers. We have a play pen that I put in between the living room and dining room to keep the babies from wandering all over out of my eye range. We recently got a new couch. This couch does not stick out as far. The boys were tired of retrieving babies. They thought they would be clever and put six pillows in the gap. They thought this would for sure disable the babies' escape. Ronan enjoyed the challenge and he giggled as he tore down the pillow wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment