Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Starting My Exercise Regimen

Way back at the start of this blog. Might even have been the second day I posted I mentioned that I was starting a postpartum diet and exercise program. Well I got busy and returned the book to the library. I currently sit at the same weight I did back when I started blogging. I'm a little flustered because I realize if I had kept everything up then I'd probably have reached my goal weight by now. The ultimate goal is to fit in my pre-Landon jeans. I accomplished this after Jadzia was born. I was back to my high school weight.

Then once I got pregnant with Ronan and then Inara I got busy and kind of neglected exercising. What I've found is that exercising not only helps me get down to and maintain a healthy weight but it makes me happy. Believe it or not I gain more energy and over all I function better. You'd think then that it would be easy for me to exercise since it is so beneficial. The hardest thing is getting started and keeping it up for the first three weeks. If I make it three weeks on a consistent exercise schedule then I'm good to go and I'll get where I want to be. It's a grueling three weeks though and takes a surplus of self discipline.My favorite exercise routine and the one that helped lose 30 plus pounds after Jadzia is walking and continuing to alternate my pace. I walk at least an hour and a total of 2-4 miles for at least four days a week. Then I do Pilates about three times a week and continue to increase the exercise toughness as my body will allow. I give myself 1-2 day breaks for rest. Also for diet the best thing I found is to eliminate sugar. I do that and I drop ten pounds within a couple of weeks. That's still eating completely normal not withholding any calories just merely removing sugary sweets.

The next thing I do is no eating after 8:00 and making sure I drink water throughout the day. I also give myself six small meals. By taking these steps I don't have to count calories or starve. I actually feel fuller and lose weight. The problem is sticking to that as I said for the first three weeks. I've decided I'm going to do this. I'm going to stick to my regimen and keep myself accountable. I will update three weeks from tonight as to whether I have kept up with healthy eating and exercise. Day 1 has gone well. I did eat some sugar but I went to an exercise class to start up my Pilates again.
Now off the exercise stuff and on to kid stuff. Ronan had his usual therapy today. He missed his snack time. They usually work on his eating skills but because of his strict diet we skipped the snack time. He should be happy next week when he can return to his normal snack time routine.Inara is becoming a big girl. Not only is she holding on with one hand and walking but she is standing more by herself. Today she was proud of herself because she was able to climb up into Ronan's therapy chair all by herself. She is also getting better at climbing up on her hippo riding toy. She just hasn't quite figured out how to scoot forward yet.

Since I spent awhile talking about exercise I think this all for tonight. I know posting about my house cleaning challenge was an encouragement for me to keep going on that so I hope it will be the same for this. Tomorrow I will return to cute things the kiddos say and do. I have an interesting project coming up for the kids that I may share tomorrow.
One last thing. Here is Inara's new favorite game, playing peek a boo with the curtain. Yes, she is closely supervised to ensure there is not a curtain falling fiasco.

No comments:

Post a Comment