Monday, May 30, 2011

Inara's New Phrase

The three big kids are at their Grandparents until Wednesday. It's been quiet without them and I even slept in a little this morning. I miss them even though they've only been gone about two days. They are having fun. I've heard tales of pumpkin pie making and tire swinging.

Back here at home we went out to the park and just walked around a little bit. We had lunch out and looked around Best Buy. We didn't do too much for Memorial day because it was really hot. Speaking of Memorial Day I'm grateful to all those who served and are serving our country. I'm proud of my Grandpa Chandler who helped to storm the beach of Normandy and helped liberate concentration camps.

One particular story he told me has always stayed in my mind. It is well known to our family and if the events that took place would not have occurred I wouldn't be here as well as my mother and the rest of his children and grandkids. He was marching which in a way was funny because he signed up to drive a truck but marched up until the war ended and he drove officers to trials.

But on this particular day he was marching as usual when a man in his infantry stopped him.The man told my Grandpa "You have to switch places with me. " My grandpa argued with him for awhile but the man insisted and finally picked my grandpa up to switch places with him. The man handed my Grandpa all his things and told him to get them to his family. There were bombs going off around them and when they finally got to their next stopping place my grandpa inquired about the man. He was told he had just been killed. If my grandpa had been in his spot that would have been him. Many men and women have made great sacrifices for our freedom and I am grateful that they have.

Inara has learned a new phrase. She loves to say "I did". I'll say something like "Did you eat that cracker?" and she will say "I did" I wasn't sure if she was saying that for sure even though it sounded clear but when I said "I did" to her she repeated it back several times and has been saying it all day. She is going to be a chatter box. She is also standing alone more and more. She has learned that I get excited when I see her stand and if she's standing and I don't notice she'll say "Hey!" really loud. I got tons of homework and since I've enjoyed the day with Isaac and the babies I better hit the books.






Yes there is a ton of space here. Why? Because for some reason my blog has started leaving me a ton of space at the bottom and won't allow me to fix it. I guess when people are reading several of my blog posts at once they will definitely realize where they begin and end. It annoys me.























No comments:

Post a Comment