Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Five Little Blessings

This is blog post #265. I have kept this blog up for 265 straight days. This is the final stretch and in 100 days I will have met my challenge. I still haven't decided what I will do after that. I may continue to post everyday but I think it may be more hit and miss or I may take an extended break. I think I'll probably just go with the flow and do what I feel like doing an a nightly basis. Whatever I do I'm glad I decided to do this for a year. I already look back and realize how precious the memories are. Many I wouldn't have remembered if I hadn't recorded them in this manner.Happy Mothers Day to all the moms out there. I have certainly been blessed with a beautiful family that bestow many blessings on me. When I woke up this morning I was greeted with four beaming smiles. The three big kids had arrived to give me their present and Landon was carrying Ronan. I could hear Inara in her bed protesting the fact she was not included. I brought over to the excitement and five sets of giggles surrounded me as they handed over the prized gifts.They had picked out on their own accord three little make up bags. I was informed that not only can I put make up in them but they are also great for storing paper. The kids were jumping up and down pleased at how wonderful their gift decision had been. I gave them all hugs and kisses of thanks. After a priceless half an hour enjoying my babies on mothers day we got ready to go to church.
At church our Pastor spoke about the Proverbs 31 woman. The woman I've aspired to be but fall far short from. She seems perfect although our pastor pointed out being her is attainable. One thing that I hadn't really paid attention to before was that the virtuous woman also has enough self respect to take care of herself. I think as moms sometimes we forget to take care of ourselves. It's not about selfishness because a good mother knows how easy it is to neglect herself for her babies. It's about making sure your taken care of so you can properly care for your children. I think it is essential to not only the mother's mental health but her children's as well.
After church the kids made me cards and gave me roses. Jadzia's little pink heart was precious and she was very proud of it. She was full of the wiggles in pure anticipation of giving me the heart she made. I told her I would cherish it forever and I will. It's going to go right in her little memory box. The boys made me flower cards. They both colored them. Landon had written on the back of his. It read "I love my mom because she makes the best lunches and picks out the best presents for birthdays and Christmas". Both memory box worthy.
Today has been a great day and a reminder of why I get to celebrate Mothers Day. I have five beautiful gifts from God who not only lavish me with love on Mothers Day but every day. I am one blessed Mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment