Monday, June 6, 2011

Appointments, Cleaning and Baby Milestones.

Big news today Inara has near perfected spoon feeding herself! She probably could have done this sooner if mommy had been less cautious. Now she can drink from a cup and feed herself independently. She is turning into such a big girl. My baby is disappearing into a toddler. While it is exciting to see her grow and accomplish things I feel a slight twinge over how quickly her first year has gone by. She flew through infanthood.Another huge note for Inara is she took a couple complete steps without holding onto anything. This was accomplished when Ronan's therapist came over. Ronan's PT was trying to get Ronan to walk more and Inara stepped out trying to reach the toy before Ronan could.

Ronan did well for his PT too. She still can't explain why he is not using walking as his main mobility. He has shown he can take 30 consecutive steps, take 3-4 steps backwards, turn and walk in a circle. But he still walks randomly and still uses crawling as his main mode of transportation. She said he definitely has the ability to fully walk he just seems to like to crawl more.Ronan also had to get new ear molds for his hearing aides. I never knew a child's ears could grow so quickly until Ronan got hearing aides. He has been getting new molds about every 4-6 months since he got hearing aides at 11 months old. They inject this pink goo into his ear and then they allow it to harden. He then has custom ear molds making for a perfect fit. I always know when his ears have gotten bigger because it starts to become pretty tricky keeping the molds in his ears.Between therapy and ear molds it was extreme cleaning day. We have two sets of people coming over tomorrow. One group is installing insulation on the outside of the house and the second group is looking at the rest of the house for lead removal. Ronan and I also have a big day besides that. Not only is it his normal long therapy day but we have a special meeting about his cares.For dinner my family came over. My sister in law brought some lasagna, my mom some bread and then I took care of dessert and drinks. It was so hot that I picked up some lemonade for the adults and juice boxes for the kids. For dessert I got a pie for the adults and an extra treat for the kids was m&m icecream sandwiches.Jadzia received the latest edition to her lalaloopsy clan today. I had gotten it on a special presale event where I would be selected to get one of the three new dolls. The one I was chosen to get was Marina the sailor. She arrived in the mail today. Another result of coupons and clubs. I recommend couponing. One other thing I'm going to be trying in the near future is making my own laundry detergent. I'll have more on that along with a recipe and review soon.
It's been a busy day of appointments, cleaning and baby milestones. After some homework I'm headed to bed in preparation for the long day we have ahead tomorrow. One last thing to finish off the nightly bog. Xander's latest attempt to grow a beard.

No comments:

Post a Comment