Monday, June 27, 2011

Starving Boredom with Apple Puppets and Skiing

I am wore out and ready to hit the hay. We had a really long day of trying to make sure everything is packed and ready to go. It has been a non stop day of sorting and packing and making sure I didn't pack anything too important. Most of the kids toys were packed today and it was a good time for Landon to be at his Grandparents' house because otherwise he would have been fighting boredom as Jadzia and Xander did.

Landon had a fun day of moving dirt with his Grandpa, getting his hair trimmed and playing at the park. I heard he made a couple of new friends. Xander and Jadzia however had to go to great lengths to keep themselves entertained. Xander found foam stuffing from a box and used them as skis and used the side of a poster frame as a pole. He pretended to climb Mt. Bungus (that's what he dubbed his imaginary mountain).

I realized they were getting pretty desperate when they turned their snack into puppets. They bit holes in their apples to give them a face. They gave voices to the apples by speaking really high pitched and fast. They did help me move some smaller boxes out. Jadzia had to keep on schedule and she performed her morning ballet routine amongst the mass chaos that had exploded all over our living room. She also tried to find as many hats as she could and wear them at once. After much searching she found three and piled one on top of the other.Ronan's teacher came over to work on play skills. She was gracious enough to excuse my cluttered living room. Ronan stacked three blocks today with encouragement from his teacher. He also walked everywhere today and barely crawled. He is becoming such a big boy. He scared me again today. I would have to say I've had to save Ronan from choking more times than I want to remember. I don't think it ever scares me any less. I always handle it in the moment but am left dizzy and shaken when it's done.
During dinner he started coughing which is not uncommon. I let him cough through and 9 times out of 10 he is fine. But this time he went from coughing to silent and he started turning purple. He looked as though he was trying extremely hard to cry but nothing was coming out. I pulled out from his chair. He wasn't breathing but was conscious. I hit his back hard four times and I heard him cry a little. I sat him up and he was silent again unable to breathe. I turned him over and hit his back again. I yelled for Xander to get my mom who was upstairs. She's CPR certified and had just this last Saturday got her re-certification in first aide and CPR.

As she came running down the stairs I got him to start coughing and he began to cry. I handed him to my mom so she could check him over but he seemed ok just understandably upset. I waited awhile and then gave him a drink from his bottle. He was gagging and coughing. I immediately called his GI doctor. Since Ronan was otherwise breathing ok he said he could stay home tonight unless of course he starts having breathing difficulties. He told me not to give him anything else to eat or drink tonight. He said wake Ronan up early tomorrow and try to give him some pediasure . If he is still gagging and/or coughing I am to take him into the hospital and he will have an emergency scope tomorrow morning to figure out why he is choking.Tomorrow is the day we are moving out. So what this will mean is I have to finish everything tonight. I will have everything set out in groups of what is staying what needs loaded so everyone coming to help tomorrow can put everything left where it needs to go. Ronan's choking has to be priority right now.

Here are two of my sweet babies sleeping in their make shift bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment