Friday, June 17, 2011

Big Helpers

Inara and Ronan are sometimes like having twins. I feed them both at the same and usually the same things. Inara gets more table food since Ronan is on a pureed diet. Inara can technically feed herself but she isn't super skilled yet and I usually let her practice at one or two meals. For breakfast we are usually in a hurry so I just spoon feed her myself. Recently Xander has volunteered himself to feed her.

He is very good with feeding her just the right amount at a time. He also cleans her face when she's done and washes her tray and area. He is a big helper. He thinks it's pretty cool that I let him feed his baby sister. Once in awhile Jadzia begs for a turn. She'll feed Inara a couple of bites before announcing the activity is exhausting and hands it back to Xander.

While on the topic of helping Landon has recently learned how to dress Ronan. He can put his pants and shirt on. This is a complex task because Ronan hates wearing pants. As you try to put them on he kicks his legs out. I'm lucky to have such willing helpers. Landon really is starting to grow up. He also completely cleans the table all by himself after meals. He knows what should go in the trash, sink and what needs put away in the fridge. This is a big time saver for me.Besides dressing him Ronan's brothers takes really good care of him. They watch out for anything on the ground they think he might try to eat or put in his mouth. Xander especially seems to understand Ronan and he's fiercely protective.

I'm grateful to have helpful kids who like to watch out for each other. I hope they always are there for each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment