Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

This was my husband's sixth Father's Day. I'm sure six years ago he was completely oblivious to the fact he would have five kids by this year. We have been abundantly blessed and I wanted to show him how much we love and appreciate all he does for us. I made him the usual yellow cake with chocolate frosting. I decorated it almost identical to last year's cake.
I liked last year's cake and if it works why change it. Today I was battling a sinus infection so we didn't make it to church. I still made Isaac a Father's Day dinner and the kids gave him their present. They got him a black t-shirt that had the superman symbol on it and it said "Man of Steel". We put it in a gift bag that said Super Dad on it. The boys thought it was the most awesome Father's Day gift a kid could give their dad.
The rest of the day we spent relaxing. I was feeling better towards the afternoon and Isaac ad I had to go to the store to pick some things up. On the way home we stopped off and had ice cream. Today was the perfect day for ice cream as it was steaming hot.All and all it was a pretty good day other than not feeling well and missing church. I have two reports I need to write before morning so we'll leave this as a short blog entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment