Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Hotel Day 1

Today was our first day in the hotel and the kids loved it. We started off by going down to breakfast. The kids were excited that we would be able to go to a "restaurant" for breakfast everyday. The breakfast was nice. They had bagels, muffins, fruit, cereal, big bottles of juice and a lot more. Even Ronan could eat there because they had yogurt. As the kids were picking out what they wanted Grandma and Grandpa Fullmer arrived with Landon.
Landon had been eaten up by mosquitoes. He has two massive welts on each side of his forehead and a few others in various locations. He was excited to catch breakfast even though he'd already eaten. He was happy to find they had his favorite breakfast item which is oatmeal. The boy loves oatmeal. Grandma Fullmer had bought the kids the largest monster cookies I've ever seen. I think it will take quite a few cookie eating sessions for them to be gone.

I set up the living room as the play area for the kids. I had it barricaded with chairs and foot rests so the babies could have a safe place to play. They had a good morning playing and I had to go to the doctor. My eyes have been bothering me. I have been prone to eye staph infections since I was a teenager. I do wear contacts but I'd recently run out of contacts and hadn't worn any for a couple of weeks so I couldn't blame it on the contacts.
I took Inara with me because she continues to have a bad diaper rash despite me trying all the uusual tricks. The doctor confirmed I had an eye infection and gave me some drops. Inara now has a yeast infection which had been my suspicion.When I got home I told the kids they had to take a nap. If they did not take a nap there would be no swimming today. Within ten minutes they were all sound asleep. I straightened the hotel a little and then I took a nap as well. When they woke up we went swimming.
This was Inara's and Ronan's first real swim. They both loved it. Inara actually moved her arms and legs as though she was really swimming. Ronan loved to splash and I kept him in shallow water since he aspirates thin liquids. He got cold when we were getting out and I gave him a towel. He kept wrapping it around himself when it would fall off.
We just got done eating dinner and the kids are quietly playing in the designated play area. They've had their baths and it should be time for bed shortly. Hopefully the time spent in the pool will make them sleep well.

Ronan blowing kisses to mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment