Saturday, June 25, 2011

No Mattress Surfing in the House!

We packed a large amount today. We have two and half more days until everything has to be out and we make our way to our hotel. I had the kids help pack their own room and they carried the bags with their stuffed animals down to be put in the storage pod. They turned out to be a big help. I did have to prevent them from sledding down the stairs on their mattresses. I know Mom is no fun.


Xander is apprehensive about having his bunk bed put in the storage pod. For some reason he thinks if it goes in there he'll never get it back. I told him it had to be gone for them to put his new window in. He thought they should just scoot it over or work around it. I have to keep assuring him his bed will be there when we get back from the hotel.We went ahead and took the mattresses off of the bunk beds so that I could get the big kids' room done before tomorrow. They are currently enjoying camping on their mattresses on the living room floor. They think it is an awesome adventure (those were Landon's words).

We were pretty tired by the time dinner rolled around. My in-laws were in town for a gun show and were staying at a hotel with a pool and hot tub. Isaac's back was sore from moving all the heavy furniture and the hot tub was just what he needed. We took the kids over to swim and get some energy out away from all the moving chaos. Grandma even supplied chocolate.

The boys are getting better at swimming. They still use their floatie rings a lot but they are at least not clinging to an adult anymore. Jadzia is still pretty cautious but she tends to be more on the cautious side for most everything. Xander was even brave enough to jump into the pool which was something that used to really scare him.

After an hour or two of swimming we went back up to the in-laws' room to get changed and give the kiddos baths. My mother in-law had an early anniversary present for Isaac and I. It was a t-shirt for each of us with a picture of each of the kids on it and says "Our reasons our world goes round." When you turn over it says "Isaac and Angela Fullmer " with our anniversary date and two rings inside a heart. I loved it. I've always wanted a t-shirt with my kids on it. I really like the fact it includes our kids and our anniversary.

We ate a late dinner and then I put the kids to bed in their make shift sleeping area. Tomorrow is church and then the afternoon brings more packing. I'm hoping we can finish it up tomorrow if not then by Monday afternoon. That way we have all of Tuesday to just think about making our way to the hotel. Tuesday should be interesting because we can't check in until three and then I have class that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment