Friday, July 1, 2011

A Two Picinic Day

Today was the opposite of yesterday in that we got out of the hotel room for the majority of the day. I had been determined that we would since the kids had to stay cooped up yesterday. We headed down for breakfast as usual. The kids are really liking their new breakfast routine. Especially since they get a wide variety of choices.

We took a mid morning swim. The boys are really coming along with swimming and they are becoming braver than they have been in the past. Jadzia still prefers to stay stationed on the pool steps until an adult can carry her throughout the water. Inara and Ronan are loving the pool. They are both natural water babies.

We went back to the room to get changed and then it was off for a walk to the nearby gas station. I let the kids pick out something for lunch. We sat at the outdoor tables in front of the hotel and enjoyed a nice outdoor lunch. Between the walk and just running around outside the kids were exhausted. I put them all down for a nap and within ten minutes they were snoozing.

For the evening it was the annual Yankee Doodle Pops at the capitol building. They have a nice concert and then fireworks finish the whole thing off. My parents took Jadzia, Xander and Inara. I was going to meet them there with Ronan and Landon. I was loading the boys and went to turn the car on so the air conditioning could get cool while I buckled the boys in their car seats. The engine wouldn't even turn over.

I unloaded the boys and we headed back up to the hotel so I could call Isaac. Lucky for me he was pulling into the hotel drive at that moment. He figured out the problem right away and we continued on our way.
We met my brother, his family and my sister in-law's family at the capitol. Inara looked red and sweaty. I was worried she was over heating then I found out they had been lightly spraying her with my mom's fan squirt bottle. She wasn't sweaty at all. The redness is from her dad. All of my kids turns bright red when they are outside in warm weather. They can be out for only five minutes and they turn super red. This is a trait they've inherited from Isaac.

We had a picnic dinner. The kids enjoyed ice cream and running around the capitol building lawn. We listened to the concert for a little while. Inara and Ronan were beginning to get fussy and I decided to take them back early and put them to bed. The three big kids are still not back yet and I know they're probably enjoying the fireworks as I type this. It will be a late bedtime. Maybe they'll sleep in tomorrow. One can dream, right?
I wanted to add these pictures of Inara's run in with a beetle. She's never really seen a bug before. I was snapping pictures of her because she was sleepy and looking so cute. All of a sudden she starts crinkling her nose and saying "Uh oh" I couldn't figure out was wrong. Finally she showed me her hand and it had a ugly black/green beetle on it.

She wasn't crying and her hand looked fine. I think she was purely disgusted at the fact the beetle chose her hand to crawl on. I can't say that I blame her. I shooed the beetle off of her and then everything was fine. Oh and yes, she is strapped in in these pictures. I had to keep checking her becuase it looked like she was going to fall out but she was securely strapped in. The straps were just hidden by her dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment